~ Holiday Packages ~
Pure Nature - The Location
Horben is located in the Black Forest just 10 minutes drive (12 km) from the picturesque city of Freiburg. The town is the starting point for excursions in all directions. The Black Forest offers hiking paths in summer, and ski slopes and trails in the winter. From the Kaiserstuhl area, one can gain a first impression of the impressive size of the Black Forest. If you prefer a leisurely pace, we recommend the Baden Wine Route - where you can experience rural wine festivals and local cuisine.
In neighboring Alsace (Colmar 30 km) you can indulge in fine wines and sample the local delicacy "flamecake" - a real touch of France... Switzerland is also within easy reach: the cultural city of Basel is located only half an hour (60 km).
Tips for your holiday
Our region offers you many opportunities to take part in a variety of recreational activities to suit all tastes. Some of the activities on offer include; hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, paragliding or Nordic walking and even the motorcyclists can enjoy a scenic ride through winding hills and valleys. The surrounding countryside is stunning and worth a look in every season.
Our luxury apartments, as well as the diverse attractions of the Black Forest, will make your stay an unforgettable experience. Many beautiful walks are right on your doorstep - We can inform you about guided hiking or cycling tours taking place on request. Or how about a shopping spree in the Black Forest town of Freiburg im Breisgau with a visit to the famous cathedral and the weekly market in Freiburg (city tours can be arranged on request). Right on our doorstep you can take in the stunning views with a ride on the cable car to 1284m up the Schauinsland mountain, take a tour of the Bergwerk-Schauinsland geopark, and ride home on a downhill scooter along a marked route to the mountain valley.
More holiday design options:
· Visit the Mountain Wildlife Park Steinwasen with covered toboggan
· Coaster Hasenhorn (giant toboggan run) on the Hasenhorn in Todtnau
· Barefoot walk in Muggenbrunn
· Staufen Castle
· The thermal baths in Bad Krozingen
· Loeffingen Zoo
· Childrens zoo in Mundenhof Freiburg (For the little ones)
· Visit the famous Europa Park in Rust
· Lake Titisee
· Lake Schluchsee with aqua fun bath
· Eugen-Keidel Thermal Spa in Freiburg
· Vita Classica in Bad Krozingen
· Visit the fascinating Rhine Falls near Schaffhausen, Switzerland
· Basel cultural city with many museums and exhibitions
· Basel Zoo, Switzerland
· Colmar (Alsace)
· Riquewihr city
· Hochkoenigsburg and monkey forest
· Vogtsbauernhoefe in Gutach
· Barefoot walk in Gutach
· Mainau Island
Hiking maps of Horben area available on request or from the Tourist Information!
Activities: Fishing, hiking, kite flying, bicycle rental, jogging, paragliding, cycling, horseback riding, sledding, sauna, alpine skiing, cross-country skiing and hiking.